• Hand-built and hand-voiced
• A Mya-Moe exclusive with an amazing steel-string, slide voice
• Easily tuned to open C, D, G, A, C6, D6
• Solid wood construction in any combination for unique personality in aesthetics & voice
" Where is the victim of UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome) to turn? A Lap Steel, of course!"
As with other Mya-Moe instruments, the tone of The Lap Steel is very deep and woody, reflecting the individual personality of the tonewood.
For the most woody tone, choose woods such as koa, mahogany, sycamore or mango. For a punchy tone with more of the resonator cone component, choose the brighter woods with spruce tops.
This instrument features a square neck, making it perfectly designed to sit across the musician's lap. However, we've had many people play it like a slide guitar. They feel that the square neck is ideally suited to put the position of the hand & slide in perfect harmony with the strings.
The standard tuning for the lap steel is open C (G-C-E-g). With the provided strings, it can be retuned to many different tunings including C6 (G-C-E-a), open G (G-B-D-g), open D (A-D-F#-a), and open A (A-C#-E-a) making the instrument extremely versatile. Where is the victim of UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome) to turn? A Lap Steel, of course!
- Want to know more? (mouse over the images below)
- Visit the other models